Create privacy in a small space by using certain plants and planters. We've put together our top tips for you to bring privacy to your outdoor space.
- Plant Griselinia ‘Broadway Mint’ in rows across a few planters for the perfect privacy screen on decks and patios.
- Large trees are not only a beautiful addition they can be used practically to provide privacy. Check out our Large Tree Planting Guide here
- Hedges are a great option to create structure, provide privacy and give character to you garden. Look for evergreen options for greenery year-round or plant a hedge that not only looks good but is also edible. Feijoa, blueberry and Chilean Guava make attractive edible hedges. Space trees/bushes approximately 1–1.5m apart depending on the variety.
- Use containers! Planting in caster trollies are a good option to use as space dividers and to create privacy on your balcony as needed.
- Use trellis as a screen. It's an ideal way to add privacy without shutting off the rest of your garden completely like a fence can. You can add colour and greenery to your trellis with climbing roses and shrubs such as Star Jasmine.