- 2 cups grated courgettes (3-4 courgettes)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Oil for frying
- Place courgettes in a colander and sprinkle with sea salt, leave for 30 minutes and then squeeze out excess liquid.
- Mix courgettes with egg, mint, parsley, dill, garlic, spring onion, cheeses, flour and breadcrumbs making sure mixture is firm enough to form balls.
- If not then add more breadcrumbs. Make large walnut sized balls.
- Heat enough oil in a large saucepan to a depth of 4 cm. Fry courgette balls until golden, turning as needed.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with a yoghurt and garlic dipping sauce.
Recipe supplied courtesy of www.foodlovers.co.nz