Helen Jackson’s Mexican Corn Salad recipe is a delicious way to enjoy some of summer’s finest produce, on the BBQ.
- 4 large corn cobs
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 avocados, chopped
- large handful coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice from 1 lime
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Strip husks from corn, brush with a little oil and then barbecue until the corn starts to get dark brown flecks.
- Remove the corn from heat and when cool enough to handle scrape the kernels from the cob using the back of a heavy knife.
- Toss the corn, onion, tomato, avocado and coriander together on a large platter and drizzle combined oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- For extra volume toss rocket leaves into the salad as well.
Courtesy of www.foodlovers.co.nz