Tui Outdoor Container Mix
Thriving container plants and hanging baskets brimming with beautiful flowers and foliage can add the finishing touch you need to perfect your piece of paradise.
Tui Outdoor Container Mix is specially formulated to provide the ideal balance of nutrients and water holding capacity to create the ideal growing conditions for your outdoor plants growing in pots, containers and hanging baskets.
- A six month controlled release fertiliser provides sustained feeding for optimum plant health.
- SaturAid wetting agent to spread water evenly to the root zone and encourage rapid root development.
- Use in pots, containers and hanging baskets.
- 100% weed free.
Directions for use
Directions for potting plants:
- Water plants thoroughly before potting and allow to drain.
- Half fill your container with Tui Outdoor Container Mix.
- Gently take the plant from the current container, loosen the root ball and remove any loose or dead plant material and roots.
- Position the plant in the centre of the new container and fill with Tui Outdoor Container Mix up to 3cm from the top.
- Gently firm Tui Outdoor Container Mix around the base of the plant. The mix should be at the same level on the plant as it was in the previous container.
- Water your plant well and continue to water regularly.
Container plants should be regularly re-potted into containers of fresh potting mix.
If plants start shedding leaves and the root ball is dense, they should be re-potted into a larger container.
To check if your plant needs watering, gently press the surface of the mix. If it feels dry, water.
Write a review
Tui Outdoor Container Mix reviews
Be the first to write a review
Ferns, palms, potted colour - it doesn't matter whether your corner of paradise is big or small, growing a plant can be one of life's great little pleasures.
Tui All Purpose Potting Mix is specially formulated to give the best start to your indoor and outdoor plants in pots, containers and hanging baskets.
500g covers up to 25 square metres.
2.5L covers up to 50 square metres (please note 2.5L is equivalent to approx. 1kg).
SaturAid granular soil wetter is a unique and worthwhile addition to all gardens. It saves you time and money as it reduces water use by up to 50%.
It is a granular soil wetter made from coir and other non toxic ingredients. When applied, it channels water to the root zone where it is needed most. SaturAid promotes even water distribution so there is less water run off and dry spots in potting mix and soils. It makes watering, rainfall and fertilisers more effective, even in sandy, clay or compacted soils.
Apply SaturAid to all areas of the garden including indoor and outdoor pot plants, shrubs, garden beds and lawns. As SaturAid is made from eco-friendly materials it is safe to use in the vegetable garden. SaturAid will start working immediately.
Note: SaturAid is not a water storing crystal. It is not a jelly like substance that holds water in the soil.
Use this handy planting poster as a guide to planting and harvesting common fruit and veges. For more detailed information by region of NZ, use the interactive tool on this page.Read More
Watermelons are a summer favourite! Vast and sprawling, they are grown the same way as their vege relatives, but the resulting flesh is much sweeter. With their delicious red flesh and glossy green rind, watermelons are a refreshing summer snack.
Get the most from the end of passionfruit season by making these simple, delicious and low sugar passionfruit bliss balls shared by Holly. You can also freeze the passionfruit pulp so you can make more of these tasty treats in the coming months.
Discover tips to growing successful citrus in your garden this season from Laura (@thekiwicountrygirl).
Tui have joined the soft plastics recycling scheme. Our fertiliser, lawn seed and birdseed bags are eligible for recycling at the soft plastics recycling drop off points. Read on to find out more.
With Level 3 now here, we have compiled a list of our customers who are offering sales of garden products.