The best way to create and maintain a stunning garden is to use garden fertilisers in addition to plant tonic. Seasol Plant Tonic is your complete garden health treatment. It is a liquid seaweed extract that contains high levels of naturally occurring growth stimulants and other essential compounds. Find out how to use Seasol to maintain a healthy garden all year round.
Download the PDF guide here
5 Handy Tips to improve your garden with Seasol
1. Establishing new plants
If you want to give new plants the best start in life, either soak them in bucket of Seasol before planting or give them a good dose of Seasol after planting and throughout the growing season. It helps to reduce transplant shock by promoting bigger, stronger, healthier roots. It also stimulates the growth of beneficial soil micro-organisms which create a rich, living soil. Seasol treated plants establish quicker and grow up to be strong and healthy.
2. Heat and Drought Tolerance
A regular application of Seasol creates tougher, healthier plants that are more resilient to heat and drought. It helps plants to establish, grow, fruit and maintain better plant health when facing hot, dry conditions. Seasol treated plants also take a lot longer to wilt in the heat.
3. Moving plants
If you are changing things around in the garden or moving an established plant and you want the best chance of success, make sure you have a bottle of Seasol handy. Seasol helps to ease plants into their new home by reducing transplant shock and re-establishing a strong healthy root system.
4. Overall plant health
Seasol is a complete garden health treatment. It stimulates strong healthy root growth, promotes vigorous flowering and fruiting and encourages beneficial soil micro-organisms to flourish. It also helps to increase nutrient uptake, so when fertilisers are applied they are much more effective. Healthy plants are more able to cope with the stresses like heat, drought, frost, pest and disease, so a Seasol garden is a healthy garden.
5. Frost protection
You can help to protect plants from frost damage with Seasol. With regular use Seasol lowers the temperature at which plant cells freeze, so Seasol treated plants stand up better to frosty conditions! Apply it to the garden every two weeks at least two months before a frost.
How to use Seasol
- Fill a bucket with water and add 2 capfuls of Seasol.
- Place the plant or tree (still in its bag) in the bucket of Seasol and soak for a few minutes until bubbles stop appearing.
- Apply 30ml per 9L of water at planting and again one week later.
Using as a tonic on existing garden beds or containers
- Vegetables, herbs, annuals and perennials: Apply 30ml per 9L of water every 2-4 weeks.
- Fruit trees (including citrus): Apply 40-100ml per 9L of water every 2-4 weeks.
- Large/stressed trees: Apply 100ml per 9L of water to the tree dripline monthly.
- General garden (established garden): Apply 30ml per 9L of water every 2-4 weeks.
- Indoor plants: Apply 20ml per 9L of water every 2-4 weeks.
NB: 1 capful = 10ml approx. 9 Litres diluted mixture covers approx. 2-4 square metres.