The great Kiwi pavlova just woul
6 people recommend this
Want delicious fruit? It might sound like a bit of a crazy idea but straw bales are perfect for growing delicious fruit. Off the ground, they keep pests away and give you easier access to your strawberries too!
- Strawberry plants
- Tui Strawberry Straw
- Tui Strawberry Mix
- Tui Strawberry Food
- Seaweed Plant Tonic
- Garden staples
What you need to do
- Soak Tui Strawberry Straw bale for approximately one hour.
- Make three evenly spaced holes in the top of the bale with a dibbler. About 10cm deep will do the trick.
- Push one teaspoon of Tui Strawberry Food deep into each hole with the dibbler.
- Fill each hole with Tui Strawberry Mix and work it into the straw with the dibbler.
- Place two capfuls of the Seaweed Plant Tonic in a bucket and soak strawberry plants, removing excess soil.
- Plant one strawberry plant per hole and top up with extra mix.
- Water well and continue to feed and water regularly.
- Place bales in a wooden tray, or sit on your garden and watch them grow delicious juicy strawberries!
Barley straw is a natural product. If barley seeds sprout simply pull them out.